Monday, March 7, 2011

High-tech Toys In The Philippines

It was a simple nun.

I only discovered the other day that "the nun hit by a laser beam" depicted in the picture out of my room is none other than Santa Rita da Cascia! I apologize for not be there first, by the way is a fairly widespread representation of the saint (who sticks a thorn from the crown of Christ in the face, other than laser beam).
Apparently my blog is not followed by many experts from Catholic iconography of the saints ... About
sisters, I am reminded of the question che sostenemmo io e i miei coetanei prima della Cresima. Alla fine delle domande di rito, il parroco mi chiese a bruciapelo:"Senti Lucia, hai mai pensato di farti suora?"
Faccia della sottoscritta: O_O
"Ehm...no."
Il don ci rimase visibilmente male (e te credo, ero un asso a catechismo) ma non me lo fece pesare dicendo:"Ah. Beh, non importa, puoi servire il Signore anche sposandoti e facendoti una famiglia."
Meno male, ero giĆ  rosa (con la "o" stretta) dalla disperazione.

0 comments:

Post a Comment